Monday, July 1, 2013

Music Monday: Empire Of The Sun



We are finally in the heat of summer (or living on the surface of the sun if you are close to the equator).  This week is one of my favorite holidays of the year.  We celebrate our freedom, explosives and patriotic covered everything.  It also reminds me how indecisive I can be when I can't decide what my favorite festivity of the day is.  I love to BBQ outside with friends and family enjoying the sun, snacks and stories.  Then the other half of me loves when the sun goes down, while the sky continues to stay lit with the sparkling blasts of mortars cracking high above our heads.  

This Monday I succeeded in finding a song that incorporated all of my favorite aspects of this iconic American holiday; but I should have guessed that I wouldn't be able to decide!  So this week I am leaving it up to you to pick your own flavor.  The song, Alive, by Empire Of The Sun gives me the warm feeling of sun on my face but excites me like running through the backyard with a handful of sparklers.  I have also added the Zedd Remix, which I have fallen just as much in love with as it adds a extra shot to an already stellar song.  I plan to listen to the original during the day and play the remix at night, to add the perfect finale to my 4th.  

What about you, Pinheads?  Will you be listening to one or both as you celebrate your freedom?
Love,
APinhead


No comments:

Post a Comment