Fall is in full force in most parts of the country and that means cooler weather, warm sweaters and everything pumpkin! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, pumpkin spice lattes and even pumpkin facials. Yes, you read that right, pumpkin facials. They have been popping up in spas all over and we just can't get enough. Not only are pumpkins in abundance now but they are also rich in Vitamins A and C and various enzymes. I've found a DIY recipe to make an easy facial using many ingredients you probably already have at home.
What you'll need:
- 2 Cups pureed fresh pumpkin (the canned puree works too)
- 4 Tablespoons unflavored yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1/3 Cup ground almonds
- 1/4 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by mixing pureed pumpkin in medium bowl
- Mix in unflavored yogurt, honey, ground almonds and olive oil
- Apply to clean, moist skin
- Sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes, the enzymes are more active when damp
- Remove with a clean wash cloth
- Apply your normal moisturizer and enjoy beautiful clean skin!
- Cover excess mixture and use within 1 week
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!