Monday, July 15, 2013

Music Monday: Cold War Kids

 

Monday evening and I am already exhausted.  I already have a to-do list longer than I am tall and it all seems a little overwhelming.  That was until I hear this song by Cold War Kids on my way home from work.  It's a song I've heard before but today it had new meaning for me.  Getting pumped up for the week ahead and knowing it is possible to accomplish all that needs to be done if I just breath and come up for air. 

Thankfully this song delivers the message I needed in a fast paced tune that keeps me interested and the music turned up until the very end.  Exactly what I would expect from the band who put out Hang Me Up to Dry.  One lyric from the song really hits home for me.  As forgetting mistakes is a hard lesson I need to learn and sometimes I tend to dwell over what I could have done differently, but I promise myself this week I will let that go.  

Do you have any songs that are helping you get through the week?
I'd love if you'd all share!

Love, APinhead

No comments:

Post a Comment