Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Monday: Grimes



Hooray, Music Monday is here again to help you start your week off right!  This past weekend I spent studying for my upcoming finals and working on projects and with a special thanks to Pandora Radio I was able to discover this gem.  This Canadian born, experimental music artist, Grimes, caught me off guard from the moment her voice came on the track.  With a soothing sound that can put you in a trance if you're not careful this song will soon be playing on your iTunes on repeat - trust me.  Upon further investigation I was surprised to have never heard any of her music before as her album was hailed by The New York Times as "one of the most impressive of the year so far," and that was at this time last year.  Not to mention, when I saw the video for the first time my eyes were mesmerized - so much fashion, so much art, so much style.  Enjoy Pinheads, I hope this leaves your ears happy!

 

3 comments:

  1. Great post, great song!!! love Pandora radio!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, can you believe I tried to listen to it... and the screen says "not allowed in your contry"? I am in England, I don't understand why not... :( Anyway, I am sure it must be great - I took a look at other posts and I like your blog! Will come back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her voice is beautiful. And the video is way beyond cool. Thanks for introducing me to her music.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete